PRIME TIMERS OF THE DESERT ADVERTISING POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
AD SUBMISSIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNDER THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
1. Be a current member of this Prime Timers chapter for the duration of the ad run;
2. Be advertising a legitimate, legal, and ethical business endeavor;
3. Prepay the advertising fee in advance of ad insertion;
4. Notify the Advertising Coordinator in advance of any ad withdrawal or change;
5. Agree to ad placement in random positions on the web site or in the newsletter at the discretion of the Board, Editor, or Advertising Coordinator, and acknowledge that the advertising fee is not relative to any specific layout order in the printed newsletter or within the specific site area position contracted on the website, nor to the continuance of any position previously selected in past formats, versions or editions;
6. Understand that the acceptance of a member's business ad or its placement on the web site or in the newsletter does NOT in any way construe an endorsement of that business by the Prime Timers organization as a whole, nor by its Board of Directors, nor the Advertising Coordinator or Newsletter Editor;
7. Understand that the Board of Directors may order the withdrawal of any ad which may subsequently come to be deemed inappropriate for continued publication, without recourse, and without guarantee of refund for unused fees previously collected.
8. Sign the standard "Release and Indemnification" form.
The Advertisement must:
1. Be free of profanity, references to lewd conduct, or inappropriate incentives for patronage, and be deemed in general good taste;
2. Be clear as to the intent of its message;
3. Bear the name of the current member for whose benefit the ad is placed;
4. Be designed for a "standard" size ad only, as specified by the Board for web site or printed newsletter formatting in accordance with the prevailing ad rate schedule;
5. Be subject to the reproduction capabilities and graphic manipulations that are within the scope and reasonable effort of the newsletter editor or webmaster at the time of ad submission. Extensive graphics work is NOT included in the Advertising fee.
6. Special effects on your business card, such as colors, borders, shading, or ink-intensive graphics may be removed by the newsletter editor prior to printing or the webmaster prior to posting. All printed newsletter ads will appear in black and white only.
The Advertising Fee:
At this time, the fee for a business card ad in the printed newsletter and on the web site is $250.00 per ad for the 12 issues of the calendar year. Ads may not be accepted for runs of less than twelve months, except in the event of a replacement ad for one that is withdrawn in mid year. Fees may be modified only by the Board of Directors, and are subject to change without notice.
To receive an Advertising Packet, please contact the Publications Director listed on the Board of Directors or click the Contact Us link and request Ad information.